LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Yep, even Tinier is Better !!




I got my buttons and newest charm from Sharon, Thank you my sweet Friend !!! Oh My Gosh, aren't these the sweetest !! Teeny tiny !! They make mine look like Blobs. My smallest button is 1/2" wide, so you can see how teeny tiny they are. And I love my new pink heart charm. When you look closely, they are real tiny roses on there. I just love them !! See, Tiny Is better ! And speaking of tiny, I collect these sweet Vintage Nancy Ann Storybook Dolls. They were made in the 1930's and 40's, and have the cutest pouty little faces, you just want to pinch their little cheeks. I have lovingly restored most of the ones that I have bought. These are the only dolls I collect, I think it is from my love for that era. Our home reflects that time, with my Vintage Linens, Hand Painted China, and old painted wood furniture. I am glad of all of the conveniences that we have today, but what a simpler time it was. People were poor, there was war, but families stuck together, and even having nothing our feminine sides craved beauty, and amazingly created bits of our heritage with needles and linen. They had Picnics, and Fairs and going to the movies was a Big Deal.

8 comments:

Secondhandrose said...

Hi Rhea, your site is so pretty and I love the dolls you collect. I have seen them before but never knew their name or history. Thanks, Karenanne

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Hey sweet pea,
I love those sweet lil dollys!
They are so precious!

adding you to my favorites...so I can come visit more often!

Hope your day is wonderful!
Blessings, Dolly

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hi Rhea,

Love your sweet dolls! I see you have some listed...are you selling your gorgeous collection??

OH I must go see about some of those buttons! they are amazing! Are you selling some of yours?

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I was so happy to hear from you and so honored that you visited my blog!! I absolutely LOVE your items and always want one of your birdhouses but they always seem to go out of my price range. You are so talented and your blog is beautiful. I have added your blog to my favorites and you have been in my eBay favorites list for a long time! I love your dolls and will have to tell my mom about them! She is a big doll lover and collects them!

Thanks so much!
Hugs,
Amy

Lori said...

Those dollies are so cute, I don't know if I ever seen them before!! Lori

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh, I am adding you to my favs! Your site is beautiful. I collect dolls, but these little beauties are soooo precious. Those buttons are WONDERFUL! I think I know who made them. I am going to check them out!
Ele

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh what pretties, Rhea. Who made those adorable charms for you?

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Miss Rhea said...

Sharon makes those beautiful charms. Her website is : http://www.sweetvictorianrose.com/

I just love my hearts !!
Rhea