LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter Swap Hostess gifts

Sorry , I have been MIA. :) My BFF came from Florida so I took a few weeks off. One to run around with her, and our Hubby's, all over Vegas. And one week to recover ! I have been pretty much in bed since they left. It was SO worth it though :) I have LOTS of pictures today. My third swap partner SPOILED me !! Miss Denise at Pink Pomegranate. I just now opened her package and had to put everything out that she sent me. Oh My Word !!! She sent me this AWESOMELY Beautiful Robins egg with the Most gorgeous soft aqua millinery on it. I love this and it will be gracing my dining table year round. I put it on a crystal base, isn't it gorgeous ?? She also sent me this way sweet Bunny ! Eeek, Sweet !! :)


She also sent me this sweet Kissing Bunnies banner :)
And more goodies :)
This made me cry. This is probably one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. And old 1800's Bible. The family documented births in the front of the Old Testament and the New. Martha E. ? was Borned ( hee hee :) ) March 15, 1859
There was even more, but I happily dispersed it throughout the house to enjoy :)

Sweet Deb sent me this yummy aqua basket filled with sweetness :) Love the vintage bunny on the front and the pretty pink flowers :) Isn't this sweet ??
All of this was inside the basket, Vintage postcards ( the one on the left is on my dining table with my pretty egg : ), a sweet Lamb cookie cutter, Spring Swankie Hankies :), vintage cupcake bunny topper, and a lamb and duck figurine :)Thank you Deb, you are always such a sweetheart, I truly cherish all of this sweetness :)

Then from Karen, my other BFF :) a Hostess/Easter surprise !!A Y'uge Vintage baby planter and goodies ! My Hubby and I always say Yuuuuuge, instead of Huge. I guess it is from watching My Cousin Vinny too many times :) Anyhoo, Look at this sweet planter !! I thought it was a cookie jar, lol !! :) Oh my gosh, it is truly the cutest ! Love this hanging piece. It has such pretty ribbon embroidery on it :) I hung it in the Living room :)And these bunnies are so sweet, I tucked one into one of my vintage cups. He can stay there year round as well :)
My friend from Florida surprised me with this vase !! Naughty girl !!!!! I SO love it, and will treasure it and the day we were SO lucky to go antiquing together, like we have talked about for years online. :) I cant tell you how much I enjoyed meeting her in person, ( although, it was just like we had know each other forever :) ) Dont let anyone tell you that Online friends are Virtual only, they are TRUE friends :)
We giggled like school girls all week and our Hubbies hit it off as well. We ate too much, walked too much, saw EVERYTHING that had Bling, Rhinestones, Crystals and Jewels on it, lol !! We even went to the famous "Pawn Shop" frome the show "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel, so we could meet "Old Man" :)

Here are a few more Easter Decor pictures for you :) Sorry, I know this is such a LONG post.
Some Thrifty finds....... LOVE this vintage aqua and roses antique English china :)
And new Cake plates I am working on for the shop :) I have lots of cupcakes, cookies, petit fours and cakes I am started today :)

Thanks so much for baring with me on this uber long post :)

Hugs,

Rhea :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post with all the wonderful eye candy and goodies!! It wasn't long at all- I was sorry when it ended actually! Always love coming over to your blog!

afistfullofweeds* said...

Don't apologize!! I loved every second of it!!

Debby said...

Look at all your yummy pretties, beautiful.
debby

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Lots to catch up on...great post, gorgeous photos.

Sarita Boyette said...

I loved every bit of this pink, flowery, Eastery, aqua post! God bless and hope you stay well enough to work on your crafts this week.

Connie said...

Please don't tell me you are blowing eggs again, sweetpea!!! You take care but I do understand some things are worth it to have to spend a few days in bed. Happy pink saturday, chick...
xoxo,
Connie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Rhea, I could stand one of your uber long posts EVERY day!! Such yummy pastel goodness. So glad you and Sharon got to spend time together. How wonderful for both of you!

Happy PS!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello sweet Rhea!

Glad you had fun with your friend. Your gifts are so pretty, you lucky duck! Love all of those pretty plates too. I will be watching for when they come into the shop. Wow, you got to go to the Pawn Shop! My hubby watch that show all the time. Love it! Did you get to meet Chumley too! He is so funny!!

Debbie from NJ
xo

Betty said...

I love your uber long posts too Rhea. Gorgeous, gorgeous goodies!

Lori said...

what a beautiful post Rhea...i'm glad you had such a good time with your friend...how fun that you went to the pawn stars shop...i love the old man, he cracks me up...enjoy all of your new pretties!!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! What a fantastic post with so many pretties!!
Debbie

Patty said...

So pretty!! Let's recelebrate Easter so I can get in on a swap ;)

Jessica Rodarte said...

*wow* so many pretties! :)

Vicki said...

Hi, Rhea,
It is always a pleasure to visit you and see all of your pretties. You certainly received some wonderful gifts. I have always loved eggs and yours are gorgeous. Your china pieces are lovely. China is another weakness (I have many weaknesses unfortunately!!) I hope you have the best of weeks, sweet friend! Sending lots of love your way! Vicki

Lib said...

Love your sweet Treasures!
So glad you had a great time with your friend!
So how did you like the "OldMan?"lol
THanks for your prayers!
Blessins',Lib

Fete et Fleur said...

WOW! What treasures!! It sounds like you and your friend had a great time. I agree. I have many kindred spirit friends here in blogland.

Nancy

Unknown said...

Oh Sweetie!
I knew she was out there and you were probably having fun. I am so glad you 2 girls got a chance to visit and enjoy each other!

Am loving your finds...I am always amazed at the goodies you seem to get because I sure don't see those out here. Pretty plates which If you don't watch out, I just might have to sneak them out while you are not looking.

All of your Easter treats are just so special as well. Take care and rest up...you need it I am sure and will bounce back again!

Hugs and Love
Lorena