LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

An Angel on my shoulder

Today I received a card in the mail from my local pharmacy. I have received lots of cards lately, but this one was rather unexpected. And at the same time quite wonderful.
 Ed always went in there to pick up our prescriptions, and every one he ever met was an instant friend. I loved that about him. Always quick to chatter, laugh or pray for someone. The few times I have been in there since he passed, there is always someone new to offer condolences to me. People I have never met, but people that he made an impact on.
What a testimony to his life, that he touched so many people.
I like to think of him at Our Lord's feet, praying for me and looking out for me. It brings me comfort and joy to know that he too, overcame this World, and now is with Jesus.
And I know that when I pray, he is still right along side of me on his knees, praying too.
Love NEVER dies my friends. It goes on and on, always growing, always hoping. Please take a minute today to tell the people you love how much you love them. :) Hoping that YOU are having a Blessed day!!!!

Hugs,

Rhea

12 comments:

Mari said...

Oh sweetie how very special your dear beloved was and will always be, I to just know he is praying along beside you and is looking out for you ;-)

Hugs~
Mari

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

My girlfriend's hubby just went to Jesus on Sunday. Tomorrow I'm going to spend some time with her...I believe God sends people, notes, cards to those who need to feel God's arms around them. What a blessing to receive that card and to know that your hubby was such a witness for Jesus!
XO,
deb

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Big hugs.....

Sometimes we don't realize how our loved ones touched so many others until they are gone.

Heaven waits.....

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm wiping away a few tears. Such a beautiful tribute and heart-felt post.

Jane said...

That was so sweet of the pharmacy people to send you the card filled with so many notes of love and sympathy!

Connie said...

Thinking of you today, sugar!
xoxo,
Connie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Rhea...I have no idea how I landed on your page. It was a God thing. I don't know if you even remember me, but I'm Rebecca from A Gathering Place. I haven't blogged much at all for many, many months now...so even finding your post and reading about the passing of your sweet husband must have been God-directed.

Anyway...I just want to tell you how very, very sorry I am to read of the passing of your loving man. I do not understand all of what God allows, I only know that you were, are, and will remain in the palm of the hand of The Most High. He loves you so much and I know his wings are covering you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Truly...they are.

Love,
Rebecca
REBECCA VINTAGE - A Gathering Place

Delvalina said...

Dear Rhea,

This post is so touching and beautiful my eyes are teary and almost cry.
I can see that the Lord lived in him during he was here.
Thank you for this post remind me that someday we leave we leave our story with God that impacted many lives.

Hugs to you my friend..praying for you.

Shabbyprimdelights said...

I cannot begin to comprehend how one even copes with something so horrible. Your husbands sounds like he was an amazing man with so much to offer. It is wonderful that you have the thoughts of so many lives he has touched to give you comfort at such a trying time.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Dorthe said...

Dear Rhea, thank you so very much for your sweet and kind note on my blog, so very lovely of you.
I read your post and can see you sadly lost your husbond. I`m so sorry for your loss . I believe in angels too, and am so happy for you,- you still feel your husbond near you.
Dorthe, xo

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rhea,
Read your comment on Madelief's blog... that was touching.
So sorry for your very young 'Ed'. Life is not easy at times but only because we know that we will be together again; one day, we can endure all the raw pain.
May God bless you!
Hugs,
Mariette

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rhea,
Hope by now you are feeling a little better...
My Mom went to be with Ed on the 27th of January.
Life goes on for all of us and the only thing that supports is the knowledge that one day we will have the joy of meeting again.
Tight hugs to you!
Mariette