LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Flu and Valentine Roses

Hi :)

Just checking in with my sweet friends.

I have been so ill again with another flu. I haven't gotten my strength back from my illness over the Holidays so I think I either picked up a new bug, or this one rebounded. Yick !!!! I lost seven pounds, that is never a bad thing, right ? Hee hee :)

Anyhoo.................Not much to chat about. I haven't gotten out of bed for three weeks other than to shower and eat. So, no new Crafty goodness to share. It is SO pretty here in Vegas ( well, Pretty being a relative term for VEGAS, lol !! ) but the weather is gorgeous. I will love to be better and get outside as it is like spring my hubby says in the upper 60's, low 70's. Living in the icky desert has its upsides. :) I did venture out to the mailbox one day, that was my only brush with this glorious weather, but have been too weak and dizzy to attempt that again. Will try again in a few days :)

I thought I would share Valentines I made in past years. I am so bummed I never got to make what I had planned this year, but there is Easter to look forward too, right ? And I am really hoping to do another basket swap with you all :)

Love these painted cherubs :) I didn't make very many of them. You see, the few years I offered these, I had also painted DOZENS of Christmas ornaments the few months before and by January, I was Done with that ! :) I had a good dose of Paint and Glitter burnout ! :) These sweet cards were also a big seller. I cant even tell you how many of these I have painted over the years. ( I hand-make my envelopes as well :) ) I think a hand painted card is a really special gift to receive. I personally LOVE the old antique postcards where someone took the time to hand paint a little greeting. Have you seen those ?
Who can resist a Love Shack ?Tin Roooooooooof Rusted !!!! :)

And treat cones. Made LOTS of these ! I have other ones I will share before Valentines Day that I made as well. :) I made some for Hubby and I and they were so cute on our Valentine's Table filled with conversation hearts :) Along with a few of these nut cups................
And lastly, pretty boxes. :) When I did a lot of painting and selling on Ebay, I started adding venise lase to a lot of my designs. It set me apart from the other painters. There was a lot of people painting pretty much on the same surfaces, so I embellished mine with pretty laces to be different and impart my own style. I LOVE lace and soft , feminine girly things, even though on ME, I want jeans and a T-shirt. I am still really a Tomboy. But my home and my artwork reflects my feminine side. I was a single Mom for a lot of years, and worked in jobs with mostly men, so this last ten years has been all about feeding that inner "princess" :) Do you do things to nurture and honor your personality ? And if so, what things make you happy ?

Hugs and Love :)

Rhea

22 comments:

Jane said...

Hope you get well really soon! Hate to think you're missing all that beautiful weather. Thanks for showing your lovely works of art - so gorgeous!
Jane-Jacksonville

Bluebell said...

Hi Rhea, I am so sorry you have been so poorly again, I hope you are beginning to feel better, I would hate to miss all that lovely weather it's absolutely freezing here. I too love feminine things, when the kids were younger it took all my time to deal with them but now I am retired I really enjoy making pretty things and,, I love our bedroom which is an oasis of Lovleyness and is so calming. I love all the beautiful things you made it must be so frustrating for you when you are so talented and you can't get to do what you love.
Take Care
Love Jillx

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Rhea, so sorry to hear that you are feeling ill again, I do hope you are able to feel better and more like yourself soon...take good care of yourself. Love all your sweet painted pretties!!

Happy Pink Saturday! Feel better soon :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon! Your Valentine pretties are so romantic and sweet!

Looking forward to an Easter basket swap if you are up to it!!!

Feel better.
xo
Roselle

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Rhea,

So sorry you're not feeling well lately. I pray it's over soon and you'll return to your beloved crafting. I love all the goodies you've done in the past, and just marvel at your painting talent. It was very humbling to send off the sculpt to you with my crude version of painting, but it sounded like you were happy with it. Stop by and see the latest winner.

Hugs,
Meri

From The Heart said...

So sorry you are sick. The cards are absolutely beautiful..and the Lace!!!!!
Praying you will soon be well and able to get outside.
Love,
Shirley

Robin said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. My thoughts and prayers go out to you in the hopes you will have a speedy recovery. The pics of your beautiful creations are always a joy to see.

Hugs,
Robin

Connie said...

Funny, my sweet friend, but I've always picture you as a princess! I do understand wanting to feed that inner femininity as I worked for 30 years in the corporate field and then just one day decided I wanted to express my feminine side and gave it all up to move up here to Idaho. I've never been happier. But I'm so far behind you on the gorgeous things you make I'd never ever even come close. I love your lovely items above all else and I mean ALL OTHERS!!

Hope you feel chipper soon. Love ya, chick!

xoxo,
Connie

Ginger said...

So sorry you are feeling bad, praying for your speedy recovery. I could look at your blog 24 hrs a day it is so beautiful and your treasures are just lovely.
Ginger

Lib said...

Hope your better SOON!
Love your sweet Treasures!
Have a great wk. and feel better!
Love,Hugs, Blessins',Lib

Home and Heart said...

I am so sorry to hear you have been ill! I hope you are on the mend. Your creations are always lovely and I find them inspiring!

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Miss Rhea,
I'm sorry to hear that you are sick again! My husband and I had that during Christmas time and it was just awful! It took us weeks to get back on our feet!
I love all your goodies! They are just beautiful. I've got to get in the mood for making some Valentines too and looking at yours really helps!
Praying that you will gain your stength and health back soon.
Blessings,
Sonya

Mari said...

HELLO DEAR RHEA~IM SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNWELL!! I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY, I PROMISE!!
WOW...LOVE ALL YOUR ITEMS YOUR SOOO TALENTED, I ONLY WISH I HAD HALF OF YOUR TALENT!!
FUNNY I JUST HAD SWEET CELESTINA PAINT ME SOME CUPIDS I FOUND ON EBAY!! I HAD NO IDEA, YOU HAD PAINTED THEM TOO :)I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM IN YOUR SHOP!! OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE SNATCH THEM ALL UP!! LOL.... LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR EASTER ITEMS!!

XOX~MARI

Unknown said...

Oh, Rhea, I have thought of you & wondered if you were ok. Glad to hear you are coming around a bit. It has been grueling the virus that is taking on all of us. Please take care of yourself ...

I so LOVE that angel/cherub! Do you have any left? All your creations are over the moon gorgeous ... you are so talented.

Missed you, be well, sweet friend.
Hugs, Marydon

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rhea,
I have been thinking about you and missing your posts. I hope you are getting better and that you can get outside and enjoy the weather! Still too much snow and cold here.
Loved seeing the past treasures that you made. I've been keeping a look out for the little angle~when you are better, maybe she'll be coming.
Warmly,
deb

debi said...

Rhea, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick. YUK! I hope you're feeling better very soon!

I love your sweet Valentine goodies...always a treat to see your beautiful work.

Farah said...

Oh Rhea your pink cupid is super cute, such a lovely classic piece... love it...
How are you feeling now, I knew that you are not feeling well from last some days... Wish you a very quick recovery ... I am in love with your soft , sweet and pure feminine blog Rhea...
Love you lots

http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Unknown said...

Hi Rhea!
You KNOW I totally understand what you are going through. I am just so glad to you work through it and DO keep up posting and creating...a wonderful outlet for such a talented gal like you.

I still have good days and bad days too. But my good days are more than bad finally. Winters are hardest for me with the cold temps...but I plug along. I keep meaning to call you but then my family and life keep getting in the way...I MUST do that soon! Stop by for a visit when you can!

Always HUGS and love,
Lorena

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pretty things! I wish I could stay longer but we're off to the movies! ♥

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hope you feel better soon Miss Rhea, maybe that icky flu will get gone for good now. No fun being sick. I sure loved seeing all of your crafty inspiration from the past year, in this Valentines post...absolutely beautiful..love the postcard images too! I want to share some postcards on my blog soon too. Hope you have a good week and maybe you'll get the chance to enjoy some sunshine...
With love, prayers and
Big Hugs,
Queenie

natalea said...

love all these Valentines pretties! go far, far away icky flu!!
xo natalea

Lori said...

Hello Rhea
How are you? Your Valentine designs are spectacular!!! I have a neat little pile of pieces I to have been meaning to create with and just haven't had the time, school work!Well going to pop back and admire some more! Take care sweet one, Love, Lori