LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Pink Saturday

Happy Pink Saturday !!

I have been surrounded by lovely china the last few weeks. I just love to pick up a piece from a shelf, or table and just lose myself in its beauty. I have been having a blast pairing up my cupcake plates, with their new life partners :) ( see post below )

Thought you might like to see a few of Mine :)I think I have shown you these before from my Kitchen, I just truly love them :)We store fruit in them. :) I was really lucky to find these two bowls. They came in a lot of China from eBay. There were plates and butter pats and these were not even visible in the poor picture they showed, so imagine my JOY when I opened the box ! :) The lead crystal bases I had bought to make a few cake plates, but loved them together with my treasure trove of Surprise plates :)
These are Large serving bowls too. If you were a Bird, would this be your bath ?? lol !! It would be mine !! :)


I created these collages this week with more pretty china for my shop. I am a China-Holic I think, although I don't want a cure as long as I can find ways to keep re-purposing it :) Do you like ?
Now the hard part will be letting go.................

But if I don't let go, I will have NO excuse to buy more ! :) Now how is that for good logic ? :)

My Pink Saturday Buddy this week is Laurie, from Laurie's Charming Designs. Better known as the OhmygoshthatisthecutestbirdiepincushionIhaveeverseenlady ! :) lol !!

Please go say hi to our Ever Sweet Hostess, Miss Beverly. She has exciting news this week :) Happy Pink Saturday !!

Hugs,

Rhea

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have paired up plates and candlesticks but hadn't thought of using bowls- oval at that! I love the idea and the portraits in the plates!! You are so clever Miss Rhea!

bee blessed
mary

Sarita Boyette said...

I just love your big bowls and the altered china plates are very charming!God bless you.

debi said...

Oooooooh!! Your bowls are just beautiful...the roses are such a pretty pink.
And your collages are absolutely exquisite!

Pauline said...

Happy Pink Saturday, and such beautiful pink bowls too :o)

Have a blessed weekend.

vivian said...

Beautiful china pieces and wonderful collage work! How lucky to find those sweet hidden pieces. I'm hoping to hit a couple yard sales today. fingers crossed to find a sweet new treasure!

Anonymous said...

Your designs are always so beautiful Rhea! You are an inspiration!
Marcia

Ginger said...

Oh be still my heart!!! I am a dish addict and you have given me my fix!!! Looooove all of it.

Ginger

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


These decorated plates are fabulous!


~ Gabriela ~

Maggie said...

I love china as well and can never keep my hands to myself; I just want to pick it up to get get a closer look. These are pretty pieces!

Debby said...

Gorgeous post! Love your china.
debby

Fabulously French said...

The plates are tres belle.

Happy Pink Saturday,

Leeann x

Vicki said...

Hello, Rhea,
I am a dishaholic, too. So I can identify. I am in love with your pretty pieces. I just bought the plate with the angel. Yipeee!! Happy Pink Saturday, sweet friend. Vicki

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

I guess I may have to get busy and do some "pairing" around here. I do have pink around that is for certain.

You have done a wonderful job of it...such pretty things.


Rose

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Rhea, my gosh, what an adorable little cherub plate ~ and it's gone already! Yep, I looked! :0(

Everything you create is magical!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

PeggyR said...

I love how you paired things up. I've put a few vintage pink things in my blog. Hope all is going well...

Unknown said...

Good to see you posting! Oh boy are you preaching to the choir here sista! I love your goodies as you know, I have so much fun with all of mine too! Nope I don't think there would ever be a cure for us who love pretties especially in the china realm!
Happy Pink!
Love ya..Lorena

Unknown said...

Love your bowls, are so pretty!!

Happy Pink Saturday.

Hugs
Charo

vickie said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Rhea. These china pieces are gorgeous! I love how you have embellished some of them. You know I love china too, I'm always looking for pieces with beautiful roses. Have a great week!

Mari said...

HELLO MISS RHEA,
HAPPY PINKY PINK SATURDAY TO YOU AND YOURS......I JUST LOVE THOSE ROSES ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL PLATES...JUST STUNNING!!!

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

These are beautiful! And yes, if I were a bird I be bathing in those as well. Your creations are lovely! Your description of Laurie's birdie pincushions was sweet. I can attest that they are every bit as adorable as you say since a couple of them have flown to my house over the past few years! All of your work is lovely as welll!

Rosie said...

Miss Rhea~ Your creations are so lovely. I Love the PINKNESS!
rosie

Cottage Rose said...

Oh Miss Rhea You find the most gorgeous china,,, ever.... and how you use them is so lovely,,,,love your idea on using bowls like the plates.... hmmmmm I have some bowls,,,,, will let you know how they turn out.,,, Happy Pink Saturday

Pink Hugs;
Alaura

Sara said...

they are gorgeous. I would love to own something like that. happy pink saturday hugs Sara

Connie said...

Gorgeous repurposing on those plates, chick!!! I miss ya....

xoxo,
Connie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I love this idea!! And I adore what you did by adding the cute pics in the center of those darling plates!! Great ideas!!
Debbie

Olivia said...

Oh my these pretty plates and bowls are a small breath from heaven. I adore them! Rosetastic! Please stop in and say hi I am giving away a pretty rose teapot!
Hugs,
Olivia

Char said...

SO MANY BEAUTIFUL PIECES RHEA AND YOU SHOW THEM IN PERFECTION. ITS ALL EYE CANDY, CHAR

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love how the bowls look on the candle sticks. Great Pink Saturday!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rhea,
Awesome idea with the ladies in the plates!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Patricia said...

Happy Pink Saturday !!! The china is so beautiful - my favorite being the blue and pink pieces. Just lovely. Have a most wonderful new week.

Kath' said...

love love love the bowls. I love china as well. I went to your shop to see them for sale but no one was there. Where dod they go ?? lol
Kath' at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.com and dublshot@comcast.net
Come enter my contest Monday for Mothers day. Kath'

Rebecca Nelson said...

You are soooo smart! Love it all!

xoRebecca